Thursday, February 11, 2010

I have made a kind of bath using acrylic plastic but I am having leakage problems....?

...I first used acrylic glue ('Easyfix' which is applied by capillary action)..then backed that up with Aryldite. That leaked a bit so I used silicon sealant but it still leaks. Any advice? (Bath is c. 500mm c 300mm x 300mm deep and clear acrylic walls are 6mm thick. I used aluminium angled bar to strengthen it.I have made a kind of bath using acrylic plastic but I am having leakage problems....?
is it cracked or leakeing from the trap?


silicon is better as its flexible.clean off what youve done,very lightly sand an area 3 times bigger than you need,wipe with a damp flannel,then liberaly spread the silicone,really thick,useing your fingers.then leave to dry.if the bath is secure that should do the trick

No comments:

Post a Comment